After several damp, misty days that saw fog roll in each night, the spell of murky weather appeared to be slowly clearing out today as a few sun rays poked through breaks in the cloud. During one of those fleeting moments, an old house of worship on top of a Harford County hill caught some of the light. But the clearing was slow going as dark clouds still squeezed in around one lone white, puffy cumulus cloud. The church is the Watters Meeting House or Thomas Run Church. The rubble stone Methodist Church was built about 1840 on a spot that previously had a log structure. It served the congregation, until the doors closed for the final time in 1947.
My Website and Blogs
Follow Delmarva History on Facebook
- Mike Dixon on Remembering a Bel Air Police Officer Who Died 94 Years Ago While Protecting the Community
- Disaster_Guy on Remembering a Bel Air Police Officer Who Died 94 Years Ago While Protecting the Community
- Mike Dixon on From Claiborne to Ocean City on the Red Star Coach
- Bob Bloodsworth on From Claiborne to Ocean City on the Red Star Coach
- Barbei Williams on Over the Hill to the Kent County Poorhouse in Wyoming, DE
- Why the U.S. Has Fallen Behind in Internet Speed and Affordability nyti.ms/1zNhILu 1 day ago
- RT @rbrowndelaware: ICYMI: DELAWARE BACKSTORY: Weekend snow did not delay history/heritage groups' tribute to a Founding Father. http://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @WHMapping: 2/22/1778, Harry Lee writes GW from DELMARVA, "Kent county in Maryland abounds in forage". #SSChat @dixonhistory http://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @HistoryInPixx: G.I. comforting a grieving infantryman during the Korean War, August 28, 1950 http://t.co/wqTlkRUPmM 1 day ago
- Remembering World War I, Late February, 1915 February 27, 2015
- ‘This Old Book’ about the Underground Railroad February 26, 2015
- Delaware State University Opens in February of 1892 February 23, 2015
- Railroad Tracks Across the Ice on the Susquehanna River at Havre de Grace.
- Website for Real Time Marine Traffic on Delaware & Chesapeake Bays, and C & D Canal
- Penns Grove Historical Society Opens Exhibit, "What's on the Menu," March 1st.
- Senator Mikulski Announces Funds for Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Historical Park in Dorchester County
- Crime and Punishment – The Whipping Post