After several damp, misty days that saw fog roll in each night, the spell of murky weather appeared to be slowly clearing out today as a few sun rays poked through breaks in the cloud. During one of those fleeting moments, an old house of worship on top of a Harford County hill caught some of the light. But the clearing was slow going as dark clouds still squeezed in around one lone white, puffy cumulus cloud. The church is the Watters Meeting House or Thomas Run Church. The rubble stone Methodist Church was built about 1840 on a spot that previously had a log structure. It served the congregation, until the doors closed for the final time in 1947.
My Website and Blogs
Follow Delmarva History on Facebook
- Martha Wright on Red Star Lines Bus for Claiborne, Tolchester, Chestertown, Cambridge, Salisbury and Other Points on the Delmarva
- Martha Wright on From Claiborne to Ocean City on the Red Star Coach
- Patty on Leipsic River Nourished the Growth of Leipsic, a Port in Kent County
- Mike Dixon on Fine Meals on Baltimore Steam Packet Ships While Sailing Down Chesaepake Bay
- Jim Deans on Fine Meals on Baltimore Steam Packet Ships While Sailing Down Chesaepake Bay
- Through many decades of challenges, Illinois newspapers remain strong voice flip.it/HAiDVu 5 hours ago
- New map unearths dozens of forgotten burial grounds across Philly flip.it/dvI8_n 5 hours ago
- Cannonball | York County’s Underground Railroad Heroes: Jacob Wirt of Hanover flip.it/PA-M-Q 8 hours ago
- The Book That Preserved What African Americans Who Knew Abraham Lincoln Thought of Him flip.it/-1Vm9R 8 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Website for Real Time Marine Traffic on Delaware & Chesapeake Bays, and C & D Canal
- Railroad Tracks Across the Ice on the Susquehanna River at Havre de Grace.
- Carroll County Library Digitizes Westminster Newspaper
- Online Historical Maps of Harford County
- A Preservation Success Story: 150 Year-Old Jail Saved in Princess Anne