Press Release – Greenbank Mills
If you’re looking for something new and exciting to do this Mother’s Day weekend, look no further than Greenbank Mills and Philips Farm. On Saturday, May 12, we will hold our annual Civil War Experience from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for children and seniors.
- Tour the camp and meet the young soldiers who are so bravely are defending our Glorious Union to the sounds of stirring fife and drum
- Follow the sergeant’s commands as you drill like an 1860s soldier
- Help the Sanitary Commission Fair support our brave boys at the front
- Try your hand at knitting a scarf, add a few stiches to a quilt, or help tear and roll bandages
- Talk to the ladies about how they are handling the privations of the war
- Learn what the war was like for mothers and see what it was like to be a mother during the 19th century
- Write a letter or make a period child’s toy
We will also have cooking demonstrations and others that show what civilian life was like during the Civil War era.
Where: 500 Greenbank Rd. Wilmington, DE 19808, 302-999-9001